Tuesday: Rest & 60 Minute Massage
Thursday: Run 4 miles (8:24 pace)
Friday: 5.7 mile TM run (7:54 pace), 15 minutes Steam room
Saturday: COLD 10.53 mile run with a friend (8:12 pace)
Sunday: 10 Mile Tempo Treadmill run, 30 Minutes Bike, 15 Minutes Yoga
Total Running Miles: 30.2 miles
Total Cross Training Time: 200 minutes
It was such a busy week with work, the holiday, studying and everything else going on that it made it a little easier with the whole less workouts thing. Tuesday wasn't a planned rest day but it ended up being a blessing allowing me to get some things done before my massage. Wednesday was also not a planned rest day, but with J deciding last minute that we weren't going away for the Holiday, it meant my workout turned into going to Wegmans the night before Thanksgiving. Luckily the stores weren't as crazy as I thought they would be, but by the time I got home- a workout was the last thing on my mind. So needless to say my rest days got shuffled around this week but 1) that's life and 2) that's taper.
In case you didn't know, I was really enjoying the whole Thanksgiving falling during taper thing --> Proper Taper Technique: Thanksgiving Edition, it's kind of like the fun Taper/Football post I did before Wineglass. I wish I could say I planned for this Taper-Turkey Day collision but well...considering I decided a few weeks ago that I was even doing this race- I can't exactly take credit for awesome planning.
|SO much awesome food this week. This is only a glimpse!
The rest of the week pretty much was 2 things....Snow and studying. It's okay, you can tell me you are jealous.
My Mini Goals for last week....
1. 10 Sun salutations each night before bed- I think I am going to make this a regular thing, it really helps me sleep better.
2. Hit proper paces on my runs-- well Thursday, Friday and Saturday's runs were all in easy pace range and Sunday's tempo was right where it should have been as well.
3. 2 Classes and 1 run with another person. Well I semi-hit this. I took a PiYo class and I ran with a friend but I missed my Tuesday spin class. I did use videos for my Sunday Yoga and bike session so I guess I can kind of count that as a class?
My reward for mini goals this week was to get something for Cali- I got one small thing yesterday but plan on using a gift card I have and going to get something else sometime before I leave Friday.
This weeks goals
1. 10 Sun Salutations each night before bed: I am doing this 2 weeks in a row because they say it takes 2 weeks to form a habit, so lets hope I can turn this into a healthy ritual :)
2. Take 30 minutes each day to just relax by myself with NO phone/laptop/kindle. I really need to keep my stress level down during marathon week. But goals need to be measurable, so I think that taking 30 minutes each day( at minimum) to "just be" is a good measurable way to combat stress.
3. 4 runs (1 being the marathon), and 2-3 other EASY workouts.
Reward: Ummm, I'm going to say that my reward is the entire weekend that is coming up. Trip to California with Heather for a weekend, hard to beat it. But since I need to have the goal be something that I won't do unless I meet my goals (no matter what my butt is getting on that plane Friday morning), I'll say my reward is getting something for myself in Cali (I.E. cheesy T-shirt or maybe a State charm for Cali to add to my charm bracelet).
This week is going to be another busy one, but hopefully I can get everything done that I need to. I am only working 3 full days, so that is something to look forward to (don't tell me boss I said that).
How was your week?
Who did a Turkey Trot? I wanna hear all about it!
Anyone else do some yoga before bed?