1. I have been super productive this week: by making all $12 (or whatever it is) I spend on Netflix each month worth it. Scandal, Burn notice, Titanic, Safe Haven, and I don't even know what else. But I have been a productive movie watcher.
2. I was always concerned my side of the bed wasn't broken in as much as my fiances, I'm pretty sure we are all caught up now....In bed by 4:30 each day will help with that.
3. I was worried that the store wasn't selling enough NyQuil, I didn't want them to go out of business, so I have been stocking up to help boost their sales.
4. I'm in desperate need of a new pair of running shoes right now, but you don't need them if you can't run. So this sickness has just been buying me time, very thoughtful.
5. It's been pretty hot here all week, but with a fever can come the chills, so John didn't need to worry about pushing the covers off himself at night because I was wrapped up in ALL of them like a burrito and not sharing(meanwhile it was 90 outside). I was just trying to be nice and make it so he didn't have to exert energy kicking off covers. I know, I know, he owes me!
6. We saved on our gas bill this week, because anytime you wanted to cook something you could just fry an egg on my forehead. This is my new way of saving money on bills.
7. I'm going to have a ton of new friends soon!!! All of the NyQuil shooters I have been doing EVERY night might be enough to get me into AA, they have coffee there at least right?
8. While I haven't been running or working out, at least this sickness has my body so sore that I physically feel like I have been running a marathon every day. So at least I feel like I have been running, that's something right?
Okay, being straight with you. Yes I'm cranky, yes I am tired, yes I am beyond frustrated. Getting THIS sick with a little over 3 weeks until Wineglass, seriously has me on edge. This was supposed to be a solid week...Yassos, aerobic runs, 22 miler..and right now it's Friday and my mileage is at a big old 0.
Am I concerned this is going to affect Wineglass? Yes. But the thing is that I can't change this. I have been doing everything I can all week trying to get better. My body is run down and obviously needed the time. You don't have a 100+ fever for 5 days just because. Maybe I've been pushing myself too hard, maybe my already weak immune system is just shot, I don't know what it is but I've got to have time to get better.
The first few days I was handling it pretty well, but now I'm downright emotional. I don't know if it's just because I'm sick, 5 days without exercise endorphins or what, but I've kind of been a mess.
I just have to keep telling myself....
BETTER NOW THAN ON RACE DAY
Today was the first day my fever dipped back below 100. If I can muster up some energy I might try and run a few easy miles later. Shake out the legs, get the mind working, and see how much this thing has taken out of me.
I don't know what this weekend holds, we are going to Erie for the weekend to watch my B.I.L. run the marathon. Maybe I'll get my long run in and maybe I won't. Pace is out the window but I'd like to get some miles in. I am going to have to figure out my schedule for the next few weeks to see the best way to get back on track.
Tips for getting back on track after being sick?
Tell me some good things going on in your life- let's try and focus on the positive!